From the Farm: Recipes
Watermelon, Feta and Black Olive Salad
FOUND IN: Salad on June 10, 2012
Refreshing! The perfect summertime salad.
- 1 small red onion
- 2-4 limes, depending upon juiciness
- 3-1/2 lbs sweet, ripe watermelon
- 9 oz feta cheese
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bunch fresh mint, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) of pitted black olives
- Peel and halve the red onion, cutting into very fine half-moons.
- Put into a small bowl to steep with the lime juice.
- Remove the rind and seeds from the watermelon and cut into triangular chunks (about 1-1/2" in size). Cut the feta into similar sized pieces, and put them into a large, wide bowl.
- Tear off parsley sprigs to use as a salad leaf, rather than as a garnish, and add to the bowl with the chopped mint.
- Add the onion and lime juice mixture over the salad, then add the olive oil and the olives
- Toss gently and add black pepper, to taste. Enjoy!
Recipe from Stuart Spisak