From the Farm: Recipes
Lemon Thyme Baby Squash Salad
FOUND IN: Salad on June 25, 2012
Thanks to Chef Blake McCormick of EVO for sharing this summertime favorite.
- 3 lbs assorted baby squash and zucchini (patty pan, crookneck are two I love to use)
- 1 bunch lemon thyme
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 1 cup of chèvre (we use split creek farm)
- 1/2 cup citrus vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- 6 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz canola oil
- 2 oz lemon juice
- 4 oz white wine vinegar
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt & pepper
Mix the vinaigrette first.
- Place both oils in a separate bowl.
- Combine all other ingredients in another bowl.
- In a slow steady stream pour oil into the mixture while vigorously whisking to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper.
Assembling the salad.
- Slice squash and zucchini on mandolin as thinly as possible.
- Pick lemon thyme off stem.
- Cook farro in salted water as directed, strain, and spread out to cool.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper, add dressing slowly, making sure not to over saturate.
- Pile salad into bowls, serve immediately.